WOOD BADGE – ULTIMATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Wood Badge is the ultimate leadership training program for the adult leaders of the Boy Scouts of America. Similar courses on the corporate side cost thousands of dollars per attendee and may not offer the same depth. Wood Badge is a modern format of training that delivers the latest in 12 leadership skills that will help you be the best leader possible. These are skills that will become part of your everyday life. You will use these skills at home, church, and anywhere leadership is needed. The course is made to provide the highest quality course with the most experienced staff to a diverse audience. We promise you friendship, camaraderie, knowledge, personal awareness, and most of all fun!.
What do we see on course?
We do many things on course, like:
- Managing conflict
- Leading change
- Stages of team development
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Leadership for different stages
- Servant leadership
- Project planning
- And more!
*These come to you in presentations, games, discussions, activities, and other methods.
Why do you want to go?
You want to participate in a Wood Badge course because of things you will learn and do. Here are some of the benefits:
- Stronger units. You will make your Scouting unit — and your sons’ and daughters’ units — stronger.
- What and why of Scouting. You will have a deeper understanding of what Scouting is and why we do it.
- Experience. You will learn and experience things that will stay with you in Scouting and the rest of your life.
- Fun. You will have fun and you will meet interesting people.
- Other groups. You will make your other groups, like work, church, even family, stronger.
Here’s another summary of why to go. This was originally aimed particularly at Scouters in the Cub Scout program, but it applies equally to all of us.
CUB SCOUT LEADERS! How would you like to attend a training that takes you far beyond your Basic Leader Training? Would you like to build your skills in communication, conflict management and teaching methods? How about a leadership course that rivals many corporate level trainings?
Wood Badge is here for you. This is not a Troop leader training but is designed for Cub, Scout, and Venturing leaders. This course will help you better understand how all the Scouting programs tie together. It will provide you with many useful leadership tools to help enable our youth to have the best possible Scouting experience. There is no better time to attend a Wood Badge course and make a difference in your unit than when you are a Cub Scout Leader.
Have you heard of “The Ticket” and wondered what it is? The ticket is a group of five goals you set for yourself to do after course, to improve your unit. You learn more about this on the course.
Purpose of Wood Badge
The purpose of Wood Badge is to develop skilled leaders who can strengthen Scouting units in achieving the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.
When we accomplish the mission of Scouting, we do it in the units. Therefore, the short form of the purpose is, the purpose of Wood Badge is to strengthen units.
Although the course is different today, what Baden-Powell said in 1919 still applies:
One of the purposes of Wood Badge training is to get Scouters to think about the practice of Scouting, to meet together, to exchange experiences, and to live together in the spirit of the Scout Oath.
To attend a Wood Badge course, individuals must:
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America
- Completed the basic training courses for their Scouting position
- Capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record form.
The First training is May 17-19, 2024, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm @ VT Ranch.
Second training is June 1, 2024, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm @ Camp 3 Falls.
WOOD BADGE COURSE FEES
- Basic rate: $325
- Late rate: $365
- $150 deposit to register