2018 CAMP CARD SALE
A Word from Our Scout Executive
The Camp Card sale has been designed to help Scouts earn their way to Summer Camp!
The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses to the purchaser. The purchase price of a Camp Card is $5.00, and participating Scouts will earn 50% for each card they sell!
A customer can purchase a Camp Card for only $5.00, but they’ll get far more than the purchase price. If they use all of discounts on the card, the customer will enjoy over $80.00 in returned value. If a customer regularly visits any of the stores on the card and uses all of the discounts, they will be receiving all of their money back – plus they will help a Scout go to Summer Camp.
This is a low risk fundraiser, as units can return up to 25 percent of the cards they receive.
- November – December Units Order Cardsonline
- January 27th – Camp Card kick off and cards distributed at University of Scouting
- April 20th – Sale ends
- May 4th– Payments due to the Ventura County Council Service Center
- Camp 3Falls Branded Sling Bag: Sale 100 cards
- Ventura County Council Branded Backpack with USB port or $20.00 Scout Store Gift Card: Sale 200 Cards
- District Top Seller will receive aSphero Star Wars R2-Q5 Robot or JBL Bluetooth Speaker(must sale 400 cards to qualify) Only one scout per district can receive.
- Council Top Seller will receive a Jedi Challenges AR Headset with Lightsaber Controller(must sale 500 cards to quality) Only one scout in the council can receive.
- A unit can order cards online till December 31online. After December 31 units can order through their District Executive using the Commitment Form; The cards will be distributed at the Camp Card Kickoff on Jan 27th during University of Scouting. After receiving the cards, the camp card coordinator for the unit distributes the cards for Scouts to sell. At the end of the sale, the unit keeps its share and pays the council for its share on or before May 4.
- Units may return 25 percent of the cards they received. Returns are due to the VCC service center when their payments are due on (or before) May 4. The cards must be in complete conditions (no tabs removed, etc). The unit is responsible for any cards that are damaged and or not returned by the deadline. Units may continue to sell their unsold cards after they have settled their bill with council as long as they understand they cannot return anything after the payment deadline.
- Each unit will set its own process for collecting and redeeming the earnings from Camp Cards to the Scouts within the unit. Some units may use the earnings to pay for camp while others may use it to fund other program areas and activities. Please check with your local unit leader to learn the proper process for your unit.
- Payments of $2.50 per camp card ordered must be received to the VCC service center by the payment deadline onMay 4th. 25 percent of the unsold cards must also be returned byMay 4th. Payments and cards not received by deadline will be considered late and might disqualify your prizes.
- For more information, questions, or to order more cards contact Jermaine Bell (805) 482-8938 or emailJermaine.firstname.lastname@example.org