2020 CAMP CARD SALE
ALL NEW IN 2020! Camp Cards have been designed to help Scouts earn their way to Summer Camp! But earning doesn’t have to stop there! Increased Membership fees? Uniform? The sky’s the limit!
The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers discounts at area businesses. The purchase price of a Camp Card is $5.00, and participating Scouts earn 50% for each card they sell! The average is $100 per hour.
Camp Cards sell for only $5.00, but those that purchase one get far more than contributing to a great opportunity. Over $80.00 in returned values when used on regular visits to any of the stores on the card but also receive all $5.00 back –
Not only is this the easiest way to make money for your unit, you can return 25% of the cards you don’t sell.
- February 18 – Camp Card Kickoff 6:30pm at the Scout Conference center
- July 25 – Sale ends
- August 1 – Payment due to Ventura County County Service Center
Scout Prizes: (Updated Prizes for 2020)
- 50% Commission on everything you sell immediately!
- Top Council Seller receives an IPAD
- Top 7 Council sellers receive a week at either Summer Camp at Camp 3Falls or a week at Cub Scout Day Camp. (Dates Based on Availability)
Ordering Camp Cards & Additional Cards:
- A unit can order Camp Cards until July 17th using the online commitment form CampCards2020 . After receiving the initial cards, you can add to your order in packets of 25 per packet.
- Units may return 25% of the cards they received. Returns are due to the VCC service center when their payments are due on (or before) August 1st. The cards must be in complete conditions (no tabs removed, etc.). The unit is responsible for any cards that are damaged and or not returned by the deadline. Units may continue to sell their unsold cards after they have settled their bill with council as long as they understand they cannot return anything after the payment deadline.
Redeeming Earnings from Camp Cards:
- Each unit will set its own process for collecting and redeeming the earnings from Camp Cards to the Scouts within the unit. Some units may use the earnings to pay for camp while others may use it to fund other program areas and activities. Please check with your local unit leader to learn the proper process for your unit.
- Payments of $2.50 per camp card ordered must be received to the VCC service center by the payment deadline on August 1st. 25% of the unsold cards must also be returned by August 1st. Payments and cards not received by deadline will be considered late and might disqualify your prizes.
- Have Questions:
- For more information, questions, or to order more cards contact Vangie Sexton at Vangie.Sexton@scouting.org.
Camp Card Resources: