Learning For Life Exploring Programs
ABOUT THE VENTURA COUNTY COUNCIL (VCC) - EXPLORING PROGRAMS
What is Exploring?
Exploring is a 501c3, career-base and higher education program. It's part of the Learning for Life's career education program for young men and women who are at 14 through 20 years of age in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Youth who are 13 years old and within a few months of their 14th birthday can register as Explorers. Registered Explorers can remain an Explorer up until the day they turn 21 years old. Then they are aged out of the youth portion of the Exploring Program. To see more Click Here
Exploring enters an agreement with local community organizations with a venture to initiate an Explorer post in their organization. We do so by matching the experts in their organization, the resources, and program to the interests of young people in the Greater Los Angeles communities. Adults are selected by the participating organization for involvement in the program. Color, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, economic status, and citizenship are not criteria for participation. By doing so we help organizations hire, train and educate young adults about what their organization offers as a service in their communities.
THE FIVE MAJOR COMPONENTS ARE:
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options.
- Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work.
- Build physical and mental fitness.
- Experience positive social interaction.
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others.
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others.
- Help make ethical choices.
- Fulfill one’s responsibility to society.
- Acquire leadership skills to fulfill one’s responsibilities in society.
WHAT IS THE COST?
All of these opportunities come at the low cost per year. For more information, contact our offices at 805-482-8938