The Spirit of David Wolf Scholarship
If you knew “The Spirit of David Wolf” you knew that you WANTED to be like David Wolf. David served as Ventura County Council Commissioner from 2021-2023 and was a proud member of the Sea Scout Ship where he was Ship Commodore. He served on Woodbadge, National Youth Leadership Training, Lead 2021 & 2022 Council Camporee among many other youth leadership experiences.
David and his son Aaron, loved the Boy Scouts of America program and what the experiences provided to them individually and together as father and son along with their family & friends.
In addition to his role with the Scouts, David was also a beloved partner at Allison+Partners, a global public relations and marketing agency. This Scholarship is a collaboration between Allison + Partners and the Ventura County Council, Boy Scouts of America. The scholarship will provide registration fees, uniform and all activity expenses for one year.
Who Can Earn This Scholarship?
Presented to a potential Scout age 5 – 20 years old.
How to Receive the Scholarship
A potential Scout or family member may submit The Spirit of David Wolf Scholarship application for consideration by filling out the form below.
Applications for the Scholarship
- This scholarship is only available to Ventura County Council Scouts.
- Each person/family member requesting the scholarship must fill out a separate form.
- Incomplete applications will be returned without processing.
- Once a Scout is selected, they will be able to meet in person or virtually, with David’s family and a Scout leader so you can share more information about yourself and learn more about the impact the Scouts had on the Wolf family
- We ask that you submit a brief essay with your application that includes why you believe you or your child qualifies for the scholarship, why you want to be a scout, and how you embody David’s spirit and passion for scouting.
- Please share any current hardships or need for submitting for the scholarship and please submit relevant financial information.
- A Potential Scout/family member, (ages 5-10) write why you want to join Scouting. No more than 200 words.
- A Potential Scout, (ages 11-20) write why you want to join Scouting. No more than 500 words
- We really want to capture David’s spirit and love for Scouting through this application process
- Who shows the spirit that was within David
- Financial situation
If you would like to share the Spirit of David Wolf, Donate Today!