National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training, July 31 - August 6, 2022 is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. The new NYLT syllabus, updated in 2021 by a National Task Force of NYLT volunteers, incorporates the latest Fortune 500 leadership ideas and presents a fresh, vital and meaningful training for today’s Scouts that they can take back to their home units and back to their personal lives.
NYLT is a focused, high-energy outdoor experience for Scout BSA Troop/Venturing Crew youth leaders. Participants experience an ideal Troop, experiencing team challenges to understanding their own "Quest for the Meaning of Leadership." Some leadership skill objectives include:
- Developing team visions
- Goal setting with SMART goals.
- Project planning – 4W’s
- Communication - MesSeR
- Leading EDGE methods
- Conflict Management – EAR
All offered in a fun outdoor environment within a program infused with the Scouting Spirit. Many colleges, universities and academies have recognized NYLT as a premier leadership program.
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting Unit (Troop, Crew, or Ships)
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Forms Part A, B & C
- Scouts must be 13 and completed eighth grade years of age and fall within the maximum age for their program of registration.
- They must be a first-Class Scout and completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for their Troops (ILST).
- Venture and Sea Scouts must be at least 14 or 13 and completed eighth grade and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program.
- They must have Introduction to Leadership Skills for their Crews or Ships. (ILST, ILSC or ILSS)
- Limited Camperships will be available (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request)
- $325 In/out-Council Participant
- $150 Youth Staff
- $200 Staff