Campership Application Policies and Procedures
- Camperships are available from the Ventura County Council for any Ventura County Council Scout to attend one of the camps or programs listed below.
- Only one Campership fund request will be granted per applicant per year to allow us to serve as many people as possible. The maximum amount of aid per camp or program is listed below.
- Each person requesting financial aid must fill out a separate form.
- A reservation for a camp or program must be made before this request for financial aid will be processed. Your unit leader can give you the reservation number needed for this form.
- Incomplete applications will be returned without processing.
- Camperships once awarded are not transferable to another applicant. If an applicant approved for funds does not attend the activity for which the funds were requested, the Campership is forfeited and only the initial fee will be charged to the unit. Each recipient may be asked to complete a postcard thanking Campership fund donors. This will occur at the camp or activity.
- Turn in the application early to ensure consideration. Applications may be submitted beginning on January 1st for the summer to follow. Limited Camperships are available each year and granted on a first come, first served basis.
- All completed and signed requests for Camperships must be submitted on this form. The deadline for submittal is March 31, 2023. Requests turned in after March 31, 2023, will only be considered if additional funding becomes available but must be in the council office no later than four weeks prior to the start of the camp or activity. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that this form is submitted on or before the deadline.
- The family of the applicant will receive written notification of any decision by May 16th, but 50% of your Camp fee must be paid to your unit in advance and if awarded, the campership will be applied to the remainder of the reservation balance. NOTE: All Campership funding decisions made are final. All Camperships are handled via a fund transfer to your unit’s reservation balance and no checks are mailed to recipients.